1/1 Photo of Mom's Macaroni Salad
My mom's macaroni salad recipe. I leave out the bell peppers because Hubby doesn't care for them, and I chop the onions very fine because I don't like biting into big pieces. I also recommend making extra dressing to add later. The macaroni will absorb the moisture as it sets, which could make the salad seem too dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Boil macaroni according to package directions, being sure not to overcook.
- 2Drain macaroni in a colander, then run under cold water or return to the pot and fill with cold water to chill.
- 3Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- 4Combine macaroni, dressing and your choice of add-ins in a large bowl (preferably one with a lid for storage) and mix thoroughly.
- 5Chill for at least 2-3 hours so flavors can blend.
- 6Add extra dressing if needed.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1066.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g