Recipe by JillQH
I love this recipe...although I personally leave out the onion. This is a great summertime pasta salad and is super easy to make. You can easily alter any of the ingredients to your taste likings...as this is just a general recipe to follow. Make it yours!
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This is a wonderful change to the basic macaroni salad. Made as written with the exception of leaving out the butter, I feel the sauce is creamy enough. Another great keeper recipe that will be made often. Thanks !!! :D
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced, drained of excess water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni until al dente.
- Add margarine to macaroni.
- Mix all other ingredients together and lightly salt.
- Add to macaroni and mix.
- You can serve it warm or refridgerated!
- **Hint** if you find your tomatoes have a lot of juices, you can remove the excess water from those before mixing with other ingredients. This will keep the macaroni salad from getting extra soggy.