Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Macaroni salad the way mom used to make. Measurements are more according to taste - add more or less of what you like/don't like.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (or any pasta noodle you like)
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 -4 radishes, diced
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 4 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Boil the macaroni in water with a pinch or so of salt. Drain and put in a large bowl.
- Drain the tuna fish and mash up the chunks with a fork. Add it to the noodles.
- Add the radishes, celery, parsley, onion and eggs to the noodles, and mix it up.
- Add the mayonnaise. I like lots of mayo, some like a thin covering. Add a little at first and see if you want more. Mix thoroughly.
- Add a few shakes of paprika. Refrigerate for at least an hour or so.
Let me be the first to review the first recipe you have posted!!! I prepared this recipe for lunch, reduced the ingredients to four servings. I wanted to use up some things in the fridge so added them to the salad; hard-boiled eggs,celery,green onions,orange pepper,chicken and radishes. I like this basic recipe, it would be good with ham and chicken too. A good, easy recipe!