Recipe by JMSnyder
My Mom has been making this salad since I was a kid and it has always been a summertime favorite. I don't usually measure, so the ingredients listed below are approximate. It is great by itself or as a side dish to your favorites from a BBQ.
Top Review by Loving Italian
Great recipe, a lot of room to add and subtract to your liking! Easy to make and feeds a good amount of people. The first time I cooked it, a friend told me it was the best macaroni salad she's ever had. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 cups baby dill pickles (chopped)
- 2 cups sweet pickles (chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 2 -3 cups mayonnaise (as desired)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups black olives (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni and rinse under cold water.
- Place macaroni in large bowl.
- Chop baby dills, sweet pickles, green onions, celery and add to macaroni.
- Cube the cheddar and add to macaroni.
- Drain the can of olives and add to macaroni.
- Mix the mayonnaise into the salad and stir until salad is coated.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.