Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that my mom perfected years ago. I made her write it down so that I could duplicate it. She gives me directions like mayo 1/2" above label of quart jar. Well Best Foods has changed their jars from quarts 32 oz. to a 30 oz. jar, the chumps. So I had to measure everything out, wanted to do it anyways so I could post it here for safe keeping. Have taken this to many BBQ's and I always come home with an empty bowl. The sauce should be very salty tasting, if not add more season salt. If you want more color add more paprika. You can decorate the top with a sliced hardboiled egg, parsley and paprika if you want a nice presentation. This needs to sit for a minimum of 4 hours for the flavors to blend. I just noticed that Beau Monde Seasoning is not showing up, it's the the missing ingredient for the tablespoon. Edited 7/13/09 to reviewer that does not take zmails. YES THE DOZEN EGGS IS CORRECT.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, large
- 1 (6 ounce) canlarge olives, pitted
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 whole dill pickles, diced
- 1 dozen egg, hardboiled chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, Best Foods
- 1 tablespoon mustard, heaping
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, heaping
- 1 tablespoon beau monde seasoning
- 1 tablespoon season salt, heaping
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package, drain and place in large bowl.
- Drain olives and pimentos add to bowl.
- Dice onion and pickles add to bowl.
- In smaller bowl add sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Add sauce to macaroni mixture and mix well.
- Chop eggs and stir into macaroni mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours, taste adding more season salt if necessary (I always need to add more).
- Cover and let sit refrigerated until ready to serve.
Sounds like a recipe I have.....except for the one (1) dozen eggs! THAT can't be right....