Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My first intro into sctach cooking was this recepe, given to me by of course--- My Mother back in 1986 as I started my Kitchen Madness. With it now 2009, I'm guessing I have shared this with probably 30 friends & co workers. I still love its taste as do many others.Furthermore, one can modify to taste very easily or what is available in the cheese drawer at any given time.
- Medium Sauce Pan.
- Melt butter.
- Add flour, salt, pepper,.
- whisk till paste forms.
- add milk raise heat
- add cheese.
- whisk constantly add oregano & nutmeg.
- Boil / drain elbow shells per instructions.
- Preheat Oven 350.
- grease 9 x 12 high sided baking pan.
- pour in cheese sauce then elbow on top.
- gently blend.
- top with peperica.
- Bake mid rack 30-40 minutes rotating once.
- sets up in 5 minutes.