Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Warming, comfort food from childhood.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is the kind of homemade mac & cheese that kids love. No eggs or breadcrumbs or anything "fancy".... just good old classic, creamy mac & cheese! I doubled the recipe and I recommend doing so. I made my own basic white sauce...... butter, flour and milk. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup thin white sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 C)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil macaroni till tender.
- Make a white sauce (or use jar kind) and add dry mustard and paprika. Thouroughly blend.
- Add 4 oz. cheddar cheese to white sauce and stir until melted.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and blend.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer noodles and sauce alternately for two layers.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 C cheddar cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.