Recipe by Mainely Debbie
My mother always used american cheese but you can use whatever type of cheese you want. This is truly a comfort food for me.
Top Review by Ducky
Great comfort food! I love this stuff! I made 1/2 recipe and the cheese/milk took 6-7 minutes in the microwave at 1/2 power. A half recipe feeds 6-8 people. This was made for Pick A Chef spring 2008.
- 907.18 g elbow macaroni
- 907.18 g sliced American cheese
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 354.88 ml milk
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni until ala dente.
- Melt cheese and milk to make a cheese sauce, I do this in the microwave at 50% power. Save 6 slices of cheese for top of casserole.
- Mix the macaroni and cheese and put into a 4 quart casserole that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the 6 slices of cheese on top of casserole and then top with bread crumbs and put pats of butter on top of that.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.