Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and super easy comfort food. This is my mom's recipe. My family loves this mac & cheese. We have this for often for the holiday's. When I make this mac & cheese I useually use a whole 16oz box of elbows.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (orange)
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (white)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (1/2 can which ends up being a bit over 3/4 cup)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the elbow macaroni as directed on the package, drain and rinse.
- While the elbow macaroni are draining in the same pot used to cook the elbow macaroni melt the cheeses in the evaporated milk, with the butter, adding the salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the cheese has completely melted add the cooked elbow macaroni back into the pot in the cheese sauce. Cook on top of the stove for 1 minutes on low stirring.
- At this point you can serve the macaroni and cheese or you bake it for 30 minutes at 350.