Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple lemon cake-always delicious and the glaze put its over the top!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternatively with 1 cup milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until tester comes out clean
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for about ten minutes, then turn out to wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cool, poke cake with a fork and pour glaze on top.
Delicious cake. I did add extra lemon zest. I love lemons! Made for Pick A Chef Fall 2011. :)