Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am not a lemon fan but I absolutely LOVE these Lemon Bars. These easy to make bars have a light lemon taste, which is probably why I like them so much. The lemon flavor is not overpowering. Fast and so incredibly easy to prepare! Great for summertime celebrations or picnics or church dinners!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (I like the McCormick's best)
- 3⁄4 lb powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients for crust by hand with large wooden spoon and press into 9"x13" ungreased cake pan.
- In same mixing bowl, add all ingredients for filling Beat with electric mixer on lowest speed for 30 seconds until moistened Beat on medium speed for additional 90 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling mixture over crust and spread smooth out to edges and corners.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake.
My husband likes these lemon bars also because they are "not too lemony." I would probably prefer "regular" lemon bars, but it's nice to have an option that my husband enjoys too.