Recipe by Penny L Hall
The easiest and most tasty cobbler ever. My mother was always able to whip up a wonderful and quick dessert thanks to this recipe.
Top Review by JackieMarie
I tried to make this today and it did not turn out at all. No pan size was specified so based on how much batter there was I used a 8x8. Followed directions exactly and it never set. The butter was bubbling around the whole thing. I'll keep my eye on the recipe to see if something changes, but I wonder if there was way to much butter and liquid from the peaches for it to really set??
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup (or any other fruit you like. This is very good with a mix of blackberries and peaches!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- place stick of butter in 9x13 size casserole pan and let sit in oven during preheating to melt butter.
- Mix flour, sugar, milk and vanilla with blender until well mixed.
- Pour batter over melted butter.
- Pour fruit and juice evenly over batter. (My husband prefers more bread, less juice so I drain half.).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream.