Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
grew up on this lasagna recipe! YUMMY! But I've changed the noodles to the delicious wheat noodles!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (27 ounce) jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 20 ounces low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 12 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- boil noodles according to package.
- brown hamburger in a skillet.
- drain grease from hamburger.
- add most of the ragu to the meat (make sure to save some for the bottom and tops of the pan)
- add seasoning to taste.
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in a 9x13 pan put down a thin layer of ragu.
- Begin layering by placing 3 lasagna noodles down in pan.
- add a layer of meat sauce.
- Then add a layer of cottage cheese.
- Last a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- repeat for another layer.
- top with a 3 more lasagna noodles, a light layer of meat sauce and any extra ragu, then the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until top is a lightly golden brown.