1 hr 15 mins
grew up on this lasagna recipe! YUMMY! But I've changed the noodles to the delicious wheat noodles!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (27 ounce) jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 20 ounces low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 12 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1boil noodles according to package.
- 2brown hamburger in a skillet.
- 3drain grease from hamburger.
- 4add most of the ragu to the meat (make sure to save some for the bottom and tops of the pan)
- 5add seasoning to taste.
- 6preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 7in a 9x13 pan put down a thin layer of ragu.
- 8Begin layering by placing 3 lasagna noodles down in pan.
- 9add a layer of meat sauce.
- 10Then add a layer of cottage cheese.
- 11Last a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- 12repeat for another layer.
- 13top with a 3 more lasagna noodles, a light layer of meat sauce and any extra ragu, then the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- 14Cover pan with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 15Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until top is a lightly golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Lasagna Revisited
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 498.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
whole wheat lasagna noodles