Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
grew up on this lasagna recipe! YUMMY! But I've changed the noodles to the delicious wheat noodles!
Make and share this Mom's Lasagna Revisited recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (27 ounce) jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 20 ounces low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 12 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- boil noodles according to package.
- brown hamburger in a skillet.
- drain grease from hamburger.
- add most of the ragu to the meat (make sure to save some for the bottom and tops of the pan)
- add seasoning to taste.
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in a 9x13 pan put down a thin layer of ragu.
- Begin layering by placing 3 lasagna noodles down in pan.
- add a layer of meat sauce.
- Then add a layer of cottage cheese.
- Last a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- repeat for another layer.
- top with a 3 more lasagna noodles, a light layer of meat sauce and any extra ragu, then the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until top is a lightly golden brown.