Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy & delicious, best lasagna I've ever had, my honey can't get enough and a large pan will usually only last a few days... My Mom's Grandma is from the old country and this has been handed down generation to generation... Can't get better than that!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 32 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated (not skim)
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese (not skim)
- 1 cup parmesan asiago and romano cheese blend (shredded or grated)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan asiago and romano cheese blend (shredded or grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (16 ounce) jars Prego spaghetti sauce (your favorite flavor)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- Fill large pot with water, add oil & salt, bring to boil. Add lasagna noodles & cook according to package directions (I always use Ronzoni).
- Remove casings from sausage & cook until browned, breaking up as you go. Drain & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once pasta is done, gently remove from pot being careful not to tear (I use plastic tongs) and lay flat (not touching) on a large sheet of foil, the pasta won't stick to the foil, until cool enough to handle.
- Beat eggs until smooth.
- In large bowl combine mozzarella (all but reserved cup), ricotta, 1 cup parmesan, raw eggs & oregano, mix well.
- In large baking dish (I believe mine is 9 x 13) spray with Pam & lay one layer of noodles out, overlapping edges & running up sides of dish. If you have a deep pan use that as this will overflow a bit. If you don't have a deep sided pan just line oven with some foil under it so it doesn't make a mess.
- Spread 1 or 2 ladels of sauce & smooth over noodles then take 1/3 of cheese mixture and spread over that, evening it out, add desired amount of sausage. Top with one layer of noodles. Repeat until all of sauce (except about 2 ladels) cheese mixture, sausage & noodles are used.
- Top layer at this point should be noodles. Top that with reserved mozzarella, parmesan & sauce. Bake at 350 for about an hour.
- Edges will be crispy, this is my sweetheart's favorite part, sometimes we fight over them but I usually let him have them 'cause he's pretty good to me -- .