2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
My mom has made this for our family for our whole lives. Once at a party a family friend told my dad, "If she can cook this, you can never say she can't cook again."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (large size container)
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles (you'll have some extra)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar chunky garden combination pasta sauce (I use Ragu)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce, of your preferred spice flavor (I use Ragu)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- parsley, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1Brown the ground beef in a large pan.
- 2Drain the grease.
- 3Add all of the chunky vegetable sauce and enough of the original/spice for the meat to be able to simmer.
- 4Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile boil the lasagna noodles.
- 6Mix the ricotta cheese and eggs.
- 7Add parsley and Italian seasoning until the cheese is well flecked with it (i tend to use about a palm full of each).
- 8When the meat is done, put a thin layer of meat on the bottom of the lasagna pan.
- 9Then add layers of noodles, ricotta mix, meat, and mozzarella cheese to the top (end with mozzarella).
- 10Bake for 45 minutes covered with tinfoil and 30 minutes uncovered at 325°F Serves 6-10 when made in a large pan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 691.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chunky garden combination pasta sauce