Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
My mom has made this for our family for our whole lives. Once at a party a family friend told my dad, "If she can cook this, you can never say she can't cook again."
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (large size container)
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles (you'll have some extra)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar chunky garden combination pasta sauce (I use Ragu)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce, of your preferred spice flavor (I use Ragu)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesshredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- parsley, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan.
- Drain the grease.
- Add all of the chunky vegetable sauce and enough of the original/spice for the meat to be able to simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the lasagna noodles.
- Mix the ricotta cheese and eggs.
- Add parsley and Italian seasoning until the cheese is well flecked with it (i tend to use about a palm full of each).
- When the meat is done, put a thin layer of meat on the bottom of the lasagna pan.
- Then add layers of noodles, ricotta mix, meat, and mozzarella cheese to the top (end with mozzarella).
- Bake for 45 minutes covered with tinfoil and 30 minutes uncovered at 325°F Serves 6-10 when made in a large pan.