Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
This is the best recipe for lasagna I have found. It has the most cheese. It is wonderful!
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g cottage cheese
- 946.36 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (1 lb.)
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in the next 10 ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to pkg directions.
- drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish, layer a third of the noodles & meat sauce.
- half of the cottage cheese.
- a third of the mozzarella.
- and a third of the Parmesan.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with the remaining noodles, meatsauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- uncover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Yummy. Meaty. Cheesy. I replaced the fennel with oregano and only used half the chili powder.