This is the best recipe for lasagna I have found. It has the most cheese. It is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (1 lb.)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- 3Stir in the next 10 ingredients.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to pkg directions.
- 6drain and rinse in cold water.
- 7In a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish, layer a third of the noodles & meat sauce.
- 8half of the cottage cheese.
- 9a third of the mozzarella.
- 10and a third of the Parmesan.
- 11Repeat layers.
- 12Top with the remaining noodles, meatsauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 13Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 14uncover and bake for 20 minutes.
- 15Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 1058.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 26.8 g