Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the best recipe for lasagna I have found. It has the most cheese. It is wonderful!
Make and share this Mom's Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (1 lb.)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in the next 10 ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to pkg directions.
- drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish, layer a third of the noodles & meat sauce.
- half of the cottage cheese.
- a third of the mozzarella.
- and a third of the Parmesan.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with the remaining noodles, meatsauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- uncover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Yummy. Meaty. Cheesy. I replaced the fennel with oregano and only used half the chili powder.