Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
When my mom or I make her version of pasta salad, we always get rave reviews. We like it because it differs from typical pasta salad in that it uses smoked Keilbasa sausage, colby-jack cheese, cheddar cheese, lots of veggies and parmesan-Italian dressing that ties it all together. Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy many types of pasta salad, but truth be told, Mom's version will always be #1 in my book. :)
- 1 (12 ounce) box rotini pasta, rainbow, cooked
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked sausage, Keilbasa (I prefer Hillshire Farms Turkey Smoked Sausage)
- 1 red bell pepper, medium, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, medium, sliced
- 1 red onion, medium, sliced
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (parmesan variety)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, rinse with cold water, drain thoroughly and place in an extra large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, chop all the vegetables, cheeses and Keilbasa as directed above. Place all in the extra large bowl with the pasta.
- Pour entire bottle of Italian dressing over everything and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Note: I recommend making this salad well ahead of time to allow the dressing to marinate with the other ingredients and intensify the flavor, but serve immediately if you wish).