3 hrs 10 mins
My Dad grew up in New Bedford and Fairhaven MA so he was very much into Portugues food. My mom was a typical "nothing spicy" New England cook. However, she attempted to make this soup for my dad. She definately succeeded. Make sure you have some crusty bread or portugues rolls to sop up the juices. You will not find a better Kale soup anywhere. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook for 1 hour to a boil: Linguica (cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces), shank bone, small beef roast, onion, 10 Cups water (or half water, half beef broth).
- 2Then Add: Kale, beans, potatoes.
- 3*Simmer - the longer, the better!
- 4*I usually simmer mine for at least 3 hours. The onion will fall apart and the beef roast will too. Don't forget to remove the shank bone. salt and pepper to taste in your bowl.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Kale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.7
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 729.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: