Recipe by Expat in Holland
This brings the fondest of memories! This recipe was from my mother. I have been a spinach fanatic, as long as I can remember. My mother use to fix this dish below upon my request, which was several times a week. I could never get enough, and still this is my favorite way to eat spinach!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb fresh washed spinach
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, cheese- shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil and garlic. Saute garlic in oil for a minute or two. Do not burn.
- Add spinach to skillet. Toss well to combine. Continue to stir frequently so that all spinach becomes wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into serving dish, and top immediately with parmesan cheese.