Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom put this dish together so I guessed at some of the ingredient amounts. These are so tender and delicious too!
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk egg and milk together in a large bowl.
- Dip pork chop in egg mixture first, then coat both sides with bread crumbs and brown pork chops in the skillet.
- Spray bottom of a baking dish, pour pork chops from skillet wtih any leftover oil from the skillet also into baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
Try using the Italian style bread crumbs an then add grated Parmesan cheese to the breading. I know what your Mom was trying to make since this s very Italian and very delicious. It is missing a certain flavor and this is the correction that I am sure you will know what I mean. I would also like to add that you can use chicken breasts which have been pounded down to a cutlet with a meat mallet and then bread them in this mixture and lightly fried in a little olive oil and then placed in a casserole dish. Then you add some good spaghetti sauce of choice and then top that with slices or shreds of mozzarella cheese until it is melted in a 350 degree oven let's say about 10 minutes or so.
The coating sort of fell off and was mushy. I guess I expected crispy. But it had a good taste. The chops were OK. I wouldn't make it again.
these were very good i added minced garlic to the bread crumbs,and they were quite tender. thanks dana!!!!