Cook1 hr 15 mins
This came out of my mom's recipes. I have made it for a long time.
Make and share this Mom's Italian Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- Soak bread in milk.
- Add salt pepper, thyme, 1/2 t. basil, 1/4 cup tomato sauce and stir with fork to break up the bread cubes.
- Cook onions in butter for 5 minutes or until soft and add to bread mixture.
- Mix lightly with fork.
- Add in ground beef and mix with hands if needed.
- Turn into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour; then drain fat.
- Turn into shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce and basil. Spoon over loaf.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 more minutes.