Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother never bought the box mix, but called this Hamburger Helper. Easy to fix, and kids love it!
- 1 (1 lb) box pasta, any bite-size shape
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Drain grease and add sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce mixture.
- Stir in cheese until it just melts.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Very tasty and easy to make. I added some fresh chopped fresh basil and a pinch of dried oregano at the end of the heating, just before mixing with the pasta and cheese.
For how easy this was, it was pretty darn good. The kids thought it tasted like pizza. I used mini farfalle pasta for this. The only thing I added was a little bit of chopped onion when I brown the beef. Thanx for a nice quick meal that kids and adults love!
Loved this recipe, thank you very much. My kids really enjoyed it - will definitely make this again soon. I used Morningstar Grillers vegetarian hamburger instead of hamburger - very healthy and you cannot tell the difference between hamburger and the grillers.