Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Mom used to make this for us kids - I am glad that I found the recipe. Put the meat in between Hard Rolls and put a scoop of the juice on it along with some Italian Peppers or some Pepperchini.
- 5 lbs boneless chuck roast, Sliced 1/4-inch thin and tied (or boneless sirloin tip roast)
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (12 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 12 hard rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- Place Minced Garlic pieces between slices of Beef. Mix Spices in Water and pour over meat.
- Bake in covered pan 3 hours at 325 Deg F, or Crockpot on High for 5 hours or until meat is tender, Serve on Hard Rolls with Italian Peppers or Pepperoncini.