Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mom's 88 yrs. old now, but her mincemeat pie was a staple every year at the weekly Lenten Luncheons at our church as well as family holiday dinners. I wonder if it had anything to do with the half cup of brandy or rum mom would add to her pie.
- Break mincemeat into small pieces and put in saucepan.
- Add diced apples, raisins, water and liquor.
- Boil about 2 minutes; cool.
- When mincemeat mixture is cool, put into pastry lined 9" pie pan; cover with top crust.
- Prick top crust with folk.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.