Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
Really easy, and really yummy. Give it a try.
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease bottom and side of glass pie plate (I use my deep dish one, but a normal size would work too) Mix chicken, onion and seasoning mix.
- Spoon into pie plate.
- Stir together Bisquick, milk and eggs until blended.
- Pour into pie plate on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 mintues or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with taco fixings: lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream if desired.
Good way to use that leftover chicken. I added a cup of frozen corn to it and had a quick and easy meal.
While this tasted great, my bisquik mix did not sink to the bottom like I imagine it was supposed to. Did I do something wrong? I used minced beef, cooked up with sweet corn kernels, canned tomatoes and taco seasoning.
This was simple to make and is nice for a quick meal. I added a bit of con-queso cheese dip to the chicken and taco seasoning and I added a can of drained Mexicorn to the Bisquick, milk and egg mixture. That gave it a touch of sweetness. I think I'll try it with hamburger next time. Thanks for the recipe! -Michelle