Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
For a long time, I HATED my mom's hummus - granted, she was tinkering around with recipes and ingredients, trying to make the perfect hummus. FINALLY, she hit the mark - and THIS IS IT!!! So delicious. I eat this stuff for breakfast with tabouli on top, and smeared on pita bread! I highly suggest just using the sesame seeds instead of tahini because tahini in the states is usually canned or old because it sits forever on a shelf in the grocery store so it tastes nasty. Just blend in the sesame seeds unless you have fabulous tahini on hand.
- 19 ounces garbanzo beans, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground sesame seeds or 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the 7 ingredients in blender on high. Turn off and scrape sides with spatula.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chill then serve with pita bread.
fantastic. I have made this several times so far. we love it!!!!