Mom's Hot German Potato Salad
- Boil potatoes in their jackets; cool, peel, and slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Slowly fry bacon in skillet until crisp, drain on paper towels, and crumble.
- Saute the onion in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Blend in the flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and celery seeds.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar and bring to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Carefully stir the potatoes and crumbled bacon inches.
- Remover from heat, cover, and let stand until ready to serve.