Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipe the best because of its smoothness and I think the confectionery sugar makes it sweet but not too sweet
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add alternately sugar and milk. It will be lumpy they will dissolve over heat.
- Return to heat put on medium and bring to a simmer, reduce to low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stirring constantly I use a whisk. The sauce should be thicker if not cook additional time, you can also add more sugar but I prefer to just cook it longer.
- Will keep in refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
made this last night to use on brownie sundaes for my F2F book group and you got rave reviews!!! Definitely smooth and rich. I added a splash of vanilla which I think gave it a real nice taste. I'm going to try some other extracts in it next time-perhaps orange or black raspberry???? You were a definite hit at book group!