1/2 Photos of Mom's Homemade White Bread Rolls (Or Loaves)
4 hrs 20 mins
My mom makes this every year for the holidays, these are delicious and pretty easy to make. I've gotten detailed in the instructions, because she gave me this recipe when I was first learning how to make bread.
My Private Note
ten X t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and 2 Tablespoons sugar in 1/4 cup warm water, set aside.
- 2Microwave 2 cups water, shortening and salt, until the shortening melts.
- 3Stir this mixture until it completely dissolves.
- 4Start adding flour about 2 cups to start to this mixture, just a little at a time so that it stays smooth and doesn't get lumpy.
- 5Then add yeast mixture, mix well.
- 6Continue adding flour and then turn out on floured surface and knead in remaining flour, until no longer tacky.
- 7Grease a large bowl or pan with vegetable oil.
- 8Put the bread in this bowl cover and let it rise.
- 9If you use a fast acting yeast it should take about 45 minutes.
- 10Turn out on the counter and fold in sides, put back in bowl and let rise again.
- 11After the second rising it is time to turn it out and make the rolls or bread and place it in a pan.
- 12Make sure the pan is well oiled with vegetable oil.
- 13Place them in the pan (pans) and let rise one last time and then bake them at 375°F oven until done, about 20 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Homemade White Bread Rolls (Or Loaves)
Serving Size: 1 (1340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2963.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4685.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 600.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.1 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 80.3 g