10 hrs 15 mins
The best! But then, so is my mom...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large stock pot with water 3/4 of the way. Add both kinds of short ribs. Bring to a boil. Remove all the scum that floats to the top. When very little to no more scum floats up, remove from heat.
- 2Place meat in crock pot. Strain impurities from broth, and place as much clean broth into the crock pot as can fit, leaving room for veggie to be added later.
- 3Add boullion, onion, tomato, garlic and potato to crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 4Cook frozen veggies according to package directions and add to crock pot. Cook on high for up to one hour.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Homemade Veggie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.1
- Calories from Fat 592
- Total Fat 65.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 97.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beans and carrots vegetable mix