Recipe by sewingnancyl
Simple, delicious soup for a winter's day.
Top Review by SUSIE IN MISSOURI
This is just like Mom made!! Couple of changes: I used frozen Corn and exchanged the Peas for Lima beans. Excellent and Easy and the best Comfort Food for a very cold day!! It has a wonderful tomato/beef taste. It would be easy to adjust this recipe to your taste, you could add diced onion, bay leaf, italian seasoning, or whatever you feel like. It is a great starter recipe for a great homemade soup. I may be biased on this one - Nancy is my sister. I thank her for putting in recipe form what our Mom made with love.
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) boneless beef chuck roast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 8 ounces frozen green beans
- 7 carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices