Recipe by LizAnn
This recipe is different in that it uses buttermilk. Very tastey. For a really fresh taste, use the pulp of a fresh baked pumkin scooped and mashed.
Top Review by mtnmel
OH....MY....! This is one of the best pumpkin pie recipes ever! I will admit, I was skeptical due to the small amount of liquid used. The pie came out perfect. Creamy, flavorful..in other words..just right. I did cut back on amount of sugar~ I used just under 3/4 C. Made this recipe twice. Once I used canned pumpkin, (as it's not pumpkin season) the other with fresh cooked sweet potato. Wonderful! Used regular 9" pie plate~fit perfectly.
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin or 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 deep dish pie shell (this makes a good size pie)