Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am putting this recipe on-line to share with others in honor of my late Mother. She made it for me as a kid so I don't know of the source.
- 6 peeled potatoes (gourmet yellow fleshed)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet relish
- peel, chop, and boil potatoes (the pieces should be a cubic centimeter).
- hard boils the eggs.
- in a large bowl combine mustard, mayo, and relish.
- add the potatoes and mix with a wooden spoon.
- cut up the eggs or crumble them.
- add the eggs to the large bowl and you should have potato salad
- let the mixture stand in the fridge for a few hours or until cold.
I made this for my family and they liked it. But personally it had way too much mustard. It was so tart I almost didn't eat anymore. But my family seemed to be okay with it. I probably wont make it again.
This is very similar to my Mom's potato salad, she is serving since I was a child. So maybe the origin is in Europe or even Germany ? I tried it and it is very good. Sometimes we have this for a light supper with franks. For a little less fat version I sometimes mix sour cream into the salad. Thanks for posting!