Recipe by TGirl,RN
My mom gave me this recipe after years of my begging for it! Awesome for Sloppy Joe's or as a fantastic finish to hot dogs!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
These were excellent. Fast, easy, yet very flavorful, Really delicious BBQ taste. I made Sloppy Joes out of the sauce. I think I have a new favorite recipe for Sloppy Joes. Thanks!
- 1 lb hamburger (ground chuck preferred)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger-drain fat.
- add remaining ingredients to beef and simmer until heated through.
- Serve over hot dogs, along with cole slaw and mustard for a traditional North Carolinian hot dog OR, you can serve on hamburger buns for a killer Sloppy Joe!
- Serving size depends on which option you choose.
- 10+ hot dog servings, or 4 moderate Sloppy Joes.
- For cookouts and picnics, recipe can easily double!