Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom gave me this recipe after years of my begging for it! Awesome for Sloppy Joe's or as a fantastic finish to hot dogs!
- Brown hamburger-drain fat.
- add remaining ingredients to beef and simmer until heated through.
- Serve over hot dogs, along with cole slaw and mustard for a traditional North Carolinian hot dog OR, you can serve on hamburger buns for a killer Sloppy Joe!
- Serving size depends on which option you choose.
- 10+ hot dog servings, or 4 moderate Sloppy Joes.
- For cookouts and picnics, recipe can easily double!
These were excellent. Fast, easy, yet very flavorful, Really delicious BBQ taste. I made Sloppy Joes out of the sauce. I think I have a new favorite recipe for Sloppy Joes. Thanks!
Deeeelicious! These taste like the kind my mom used to make when I was a kid. Love that it is a quick fix...this makes it a super candidate for busy week nights. I usually add onions to mine, just cos that's what I'm used to, but tastes great without. I don't usually have hamburger buns on hand, so we just use whatever bread we have (i like to toast/pan fry). Thanks for sharing this great, time-saving recipe!
This is really good i added a couple TB spoons of yellow mustard and some minced onion.I will never buy canned chili again.and also I'm from WV and up there we love are grilled split top buns and i now live in the south and can not find them,so what i do now is i take a regular bun and take a bread knife and carefully cut the crust off to make a flat surface on each side and then spray with butter and throw in pan and lightly brown.these are the best.MMMMM GOOD