Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure where she got the recipe, but she still makes this for me during the holidays. Stays fresh for a long time if sealed - it's soft, not crunchy.
- 5 cups uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut (the real stuff, not the sugared stuff)
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar (you can totally half this amount, in our opinion)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Mix together the oatmeal, wheat germ, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut.
- Heat the following in a saucepan: oil, water, brown sugar, and honey.
- Stir until it's all melted and blended.
- Pour liquid over mixture and toss well to coat.
- Spread on oiled cookie sheet and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring well every ten minutes.
Yet another granola recipe that I can add to those I already make & enjoy! In this one I especially liked the combo of seeds & the not-so-sweet coconut! And, with the honey that was included, I actually used only 1/3 cup of the brown sugar! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]