These are pan-fried so they are much healthier than the MickeyD's. These are different but they are so delicious. This will serve 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes in half shortways, not longways.
- 2Then cut into about 1cm. thick strips.
- 3Coat frying pan or skillet with olive oil (about 1cm. deep).
- 4Put onions & sliced potatoes in pan, & heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- 5MORE OIL WILL NEED TO BE ADDED DURING COOKING.
- 6For the last 5 minutes of cooking, add creole seasoning, salt, & pepper.
- 7Make sure fries are nice & firm (some will be crispy [mmmmmm!]), & remove from pan & serve with catsup. These actually go good with Worcestershire sauce!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Homemade French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 598.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g