Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Dressing for Thanksgiving
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken (cut up)
- 4 quarts bread (broken up into small pieces and allowed to dry out) or 4 quarts breadcrumbs
- Saute onion, celery, and butter until onion is soft, not brown.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 60-90 minutes or until brown on top and middle it cooked through.