Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom makes this chili differently every time she makes it and it is really good and this recipe can be halved or even doubled for large or small crowds.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (use any ground meat of your choosing)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble meat until almost browned.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Continue cooking until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain, stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Great recipe. I served this to a National Guard Unit and they loved it. Many wanted the recipe!
Great recipe! I added more chili powder, a little cayenne pepper and a dash or two of tabasco. I like my chili with a little "kick" :D I like this one better than *MY* chili recipe! Thanks!
Hi Laura, thanks for the input. With my mom being in the army she knows that it is great to have a home cooked meal. If the folks would like the recipe go ahead and give them a copy, that is what this is for :) happy cooking Tanya