- 2 lbs ground beef, lean
- 1 large cooking onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion, pepper, mushrooms and zucchini. Drain off any extra fat.
- Add Tomato Paste and blend well. Add tomatoes and beans.
- Add spices, garlic and salt and stir well.
- Simmer on low for about 45 minutes Serve.
- This recipe freezes very well. Great for OAMC!