Recipe by Bunlady
My mom made these when I was growing up by just throwing everything into a bowl with no measuring. We liked them so much that we all needed the recipe so after several tries this is her recipe and they are great. Very delicate biscuit, do not roll with rolling pin just flour board and use hands to press dough out about 1 inch thick and then cut .
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (Crisco works best)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar and salt. Add baking powder and then cut in shortening with pastry blender until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add milk and mix only until a soft dough forms. Dough may be slightly sticky but that is normal.
- Generously flour counter or board and transfer dough on top dusting with a small amount of flour if dough is sticky. Pat dough out with hands till about 1 inch thick and cut with biscuit cutter or large glass dipped in flour. Place on baking sheet about 1 1/2 inch apart. Bake 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: Do not roll out with rolling pin as that will make for harder biscuits.