Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has been a family favorite for many years. It is a variation on the classic ranch dip. (you can use any other ranch mix, but the buttermilk one gives it that zing)
- 1 ounce hidden valley ranch dressing mix (buttermilk style)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 dash of lawry's garlic salt (you can omit this and use garlic powder if you don't want too much salt in your dip)
- Place 1 cup of mayonnaise into bowl. (use spoon or fork to mix).
- Mix in the package of dressing.
- Then add the cottage cheese.
- Mix well until blended.
- Sprinkle in garlic salt.
- Surround with veggies of your choice and stand back.
- This goes fast!
it was easy to make and tasty - so fresh for a summer patio treat. Why wait until the holidays! I made cucumber cups and scooped a melon ball size amount of dip into this. some matchstick sized carrot and celery sticks topped it off. (cucumber cups made by slicing a large cucumber into 3/4 to 1 inch thick crosswise slices and scooping out a bit of the seed section on one side to make a small edible bowl)
So easy to put together and just packed with flavor. At first I thought it was going to be too salty, but when veggies were dipped it was perfect for us. Some may prefer to use garlic powder though. Had this as an afternoon snack with carrots, cherry tomatoes and celery. Thanks for sharing. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game.