Recipe by Barb G.
A very good moist, no bake fruitcake. My mother made this cake when I was young. I found the recipe in one of my old recipe boxes.
- 4 2⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups mixed dried fruit, and peels
- 3⁄4 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Line mold or cake pan with wax paper or foil.
- In LARGE bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, spices,fruit and nuts.
- Combine Evaporated milk& juice,Add to the crumb mixture.
- Stir and Knead untill all of the crumbs are moistened.
- (if need add more milk) Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Cover tightly, Chill at least 2 days before slicing, So that flavors may blend.
- Fruit& nuts may be pressed into top of cake (for decorations) Before chilling.
- This can be pressed into small pans for gifts.
- Be sure to refrigerate.