Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A very filling breakfast casserole. Takes some prep time, but it's worth it. Take note -- it needs to be made the night before, which is great for holiday brunches or when you're having guests. Garnish with parsley and chopped tomatoes. Good served with fruit, too. Cook time includes the 30 minutes it needs to sit out at room temperature before baking.
- 1 lb cooked bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 cup cubed cooked potato
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese (or whatever you prefer, 8 oz.)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (or yellow prepared mustard)
- salt and pepper
- In greased 13 x 9 pan, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese.
- Top with all the meat.
- Repeat bread, potato and cheese layer.
- Beat eggs and rest of ingredients.
- Pour over all.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.