Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I remember this dish from childhood. My Mom usually just broiled or BBQed lamb chops which I loved but this was different and she only made it on occasion so it was special. You can add chopped peppers and water chestnuts too. I think some powdered ginger would work well with this (just a touch though). I should mention that these are rough measures since my Mom's recipe card just had "diced celery" etc. This was a pork recipe but my Mom substituted Lamb chops for pork chops. You can use either!
- 8 lamb chops, any kind you like
- vegetable oil, for browning chops
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, I like low sodium
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup dried prune
- 1 cup dried apricot
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves, chopped (optional)
- Brown chops in oil and remove to a pyrex oven proof dish large enough to hold the chops.
- Add celery, onion, soy sauce, pineapple chunks, margarine, garlic powder, dried fruit and pepper to the pan and saute for a few minutes until onions get wilted and slightly browned.
- Pour this mixture on top of the chops with the celery leaves and bake at 350 for 25 minutes covered with foil.