1 hr 20 mins
This is one of mom's "THE BEST" recipes I've come across ever since I stepped into cooking shoes:) This dish can be made using chicken as well instead of mutton, equally delicious and I bet you it'll be enjoyed by one and all. It makes a fantastic meal with hot rotis on a cold ROMANTIC WINTER night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg mutton (You can use mutton chops as well)
- 3 medium onions, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 6 -7 green chilies, crushed
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon methi leaves, crushed or 1 teaspoon dry methi leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground spinach
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil or 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1Heat oil/ghee in a cooker.
- 2Fry garlic and ginger in the oil/ghee to a golden brown colour.
- 3Add onions and fry to a golden brown colour.
- 4Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and cumin seeds (powdered).
- 5Mix well.
- 6Add the mutton pieces/mutton chops.
- 7Fry well.
- 8Add 3/4 cup of water.
- 9Cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
- 10In the meantime, to the yogurt, add the corriander leaves, mint leaves, methi leaves, spinach and green chillies (green masala mixture).
- 11Remove pressure from the cooker.
- 12Add the low-fat yogurt and green masala mixture to the mutton.
- 13Cook over low heat till the gravy thickens.
- 14There is no need to keep on stirring while the dish is cooking.
- 15Serve hot with rotis (Indian flatbreads) on a cold ROMANTIC night!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Harra Mutton(Mutton With Green Masala)
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.2
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 1028.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: