Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is one of mom's "THE BEST" recipes I've come across ever since I stepped into cooking shoes:) This dish can be made using chicken as well instead of mutton, equally delicious and I bet you it'll be enjoyed by one and all. It makes a fantastic meal with hot rotis on a cold ROMANTIC WINTER night.
- 1⁄2 kg mutton (You can use mutton chops as well)
- 3 medium onions, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 6 -7 green chilies, crushed
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon methi leaves, crushed or 1 teaspoon dry methi leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground spinach
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, powdered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Heat oil/ghee in a cooker.
- Fry garlic and ginger in the oil/ghee to a golden brown colour.
- Add onions and fry to a golden brown colour.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and cumin seeds (powdered).
- Mix well.
- Add the mutton pieces/mutton chops.
- Fry well.
- Add 3/4 cup of water.
- Cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, to the yogurt, add the corriander leaves, mint leaves, methi leaves, spinach and green chillies (green masala mixture).
- Remove pressure from the cooker.
- Add the low-fat yogurt and green masala mixture to the mutton.
- Cook over low heat till the gravy thickens.
- There is no need to keep on stirring while the dish is cooking.
- Serve hot with rotis (Indian flatbreads) on a cold ROMANTIC night!
Mam it was to delicious and yummy to in my home every one liked..even my all friends and my gf tooo i flt really happy...i want please try this also please mam....<br/>http://allyummyvegandnonvegdish.blogspot.in/
My husband is Indian so I made this hoping he would like it. We both ended up loving it! I'll be cooking this again...and again!
Very good! Me and my Indian husband really enjoyed it. Thanks