Recipe by Ann Marie F
Mom's Hamburger, Green Bean, Tomato Soup, Mashed Potato Hot Dish
Top Review by SweetSueAl
I have been making this recipe for years. I got it out of a circa 1980 Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. The recipe was titled Hamburger Pie. I do recommend topping the mashesd potatoes with grated cheese. Cheddar, Swiss, or Colby works well. Thanks for posting AnnMarie
- 453.59 g hamburger, browned with the onion
- 59.14 ml white onion, diced
- 4.92 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 304.75 g can tomato soup, undiluted
- 411.06 g can cut green beans
- 473.18 ml instant mashed potatoes, made in advance
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mom also likes to throw in her favorite seasonings too, if desired, to the hamburger mixture as it browns. Brown hamburger with the onion.
- In a casserole dish, combine hamburger/onion mixture, tomato soup and green beans.
- Mix together .
- Top the whole dish with prepared mashed potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (Note: Mom actually never used instant potatoes. She made extra real mashed potatoes for dinner a day ahead and used those planned-ahead mashed potatoes).