Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mom's Hamburger, Green Bean, Tomato Soup, Mashed Potato Hot Dish
Make and share this Mom's Hamburger, Green Bean, Tomato Soup, Mashed Potato Hot Dish recipe from Food.com.
- Mom also likes to throw in her favorite seasonings too, if desired, to the hamburger mixture as it browns. Brown hamburger with the onion.
- In a casserole dish, combine hamburger/onion mixture, tomato soup and green beans.
- Mix together .
- Top the whole dish with prepared mashed potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (Note: Mom actually never used instant potatoes. She made extra real mashed potatoes for dinner a day ahead and used those planned-ahead mashed potatoes).
I have been making this recipe for years. I got it out of a circa 1980 Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. The recipe was titled Hamburger Pie. I do recommend topping the mashesd potatoes with grated cheese. Cheddar, Swiss, or Colby works well. Thanks for posting AnnMarie
This was so quick and easy to toss together. I used fresh green beans from the garden and that just made this recipe pop. So sweet, you can sure tell the difference between canned and fresh. I'm not a fan of instant potatoes but they are quick. To add some richness to them I used canned milk. I will make this again for sure.
Well, I didn't make this myself, I asked a friend of mine who made it and brought it to a dinner party we had recently. She did it exactly as the recipe said and it was delicious! Everyone liked it and wanted the recipe.