Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that my mom made frequently when we were growing up. This is "comfort food" at it's best and is also economical and fast to fix. The amounts can be increased to feed a crowd or decreased to serve your family. I like to make it as written so that I have leftovers the next day.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) can chicken noodle soup
- 1 (26 ounce) can water, use soup can
- 3 cups instant rice (minute)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 5 quart, oven proof dutch oven with non-stick spray.
- Crumble ground beef into dutch oven, add chopped onion and salt and pepper.
- Brown ground beef and drain grease well.
- Return ground beef to dutch oven.
- Stir in soup, water and rice.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- May need to remove lid at end of baking time and bake for an additional 10 minutes to absorb liquid.
- If doubling this recipe to serve a crowd, brown the beef and onion and seasoning, and place in large roaster sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Recipe as posted serves 8.