This is a recipe that my mom made frequently when we were growing up. This is "comfort food" at it's best and is also economical and fast to fix. The amounts can be increased to feed a crowd or decreased to serve your family. I like to make it as written so that I have leftovers the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 5 quart, oven proof dutch oven with non-stick spray.
- 3Crumble ground beef into dutch oven, add chopped onion and salt and pepper.
- 4Brown ground beef and drain grease well.
- 5Return ground beef to dutch oven.
- 6Stir in soup, water and rice.
- 7Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8May need to remove lid at end of baking time and bake for an additional 10 minutes to absorb liquid.
- 9If doubling this recipe to serve a crowd, brown the beef and onion and seasoning, and place in large roaster sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 10Recipe as posted serves 8.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Hamburger Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 731.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: